The original incorporation of the Association was on April 4, 1924
In 1924 a committee was formed and the property now known as “Braden Castle Park” was purchased. The property today consists of 200 lots, of which 198 are built on with small houses, a trailer park that has 94 mobile home sites and 10 spots for Recreational Vehicles. The location of the Park is on a point where the Braden River empties into the Manatee River. The boat launching ramp and boat docks are on the Braden River, and the long pier extends into the Manatee River. A detailed account of our history can be found here.
Amenities for Park residents include a boat launching ramp, two boat docks that can accommodate approximately 40 boats, and spaces for parking boat trailers. The 700-foot long pier is accessed from the Castle Plaza where the Castle ruins are located.
Other Park facilities include the large Community Hall, Leisure Hall, Men’s Clubhouse, Ladies Clubhouse, Shuffleboard Courts, the Library that also houses the exercise equipment area, sewing (machine) area, and puzzle tables. During the season there are many ongoing group activities and special events that are posted each month on the Calendar of Events.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions!